Reading to Rescues DECEMBER registration is now open!
Reading to Rescues is for children aged 5-14 years from beginning to advanced readers and is supervised by a Bermuda schoolteacher. This programme is a wonderful opportunity for our community to engage with our animals, it gives children the chance to practise and sharpen their reading skills in front of a non-judgemental audience, and it provides our animals with much needed one-on-one socialisation time.
REGISTRATION: Registration opens November 24 and closes December 5
COST: Sessions must be booked by the month and equate to $5 per session
TIMES: 4:00-4:30; 4:30-5:00; 5:00-5:30
DATES: Wednesdays: December 6 & 13
Parents/guardians can register their child(ren) for one 30-minute session each week with our shelter animals. Please note:
- You are booking for the same time each week in the selected month.
- Monthly bookings are still based on most school schedules, so please make note of the relevant dates you are booking.
- Participation is limited to 6 children per session with dates, times, and availability subject to change.
- Siblings and/or friends are not permitted during your child’s reading session unless they are signed up in the same time slot.
- Children will need to sign in and out of their session and wear a Reading to Rescues name tag at all times.
- Children will need to bring and read their own book(s) and/or reading practise work to each session, we will not be able to provide reading material.
**To stay up to date with all of our educational programmes, join our membership community! Members enjoy discounted attendance to workshops offered by the SPCA, AGM vote, are the first to know about our educational programmes and camps, and they can receive discounts at various businesses throughout the island! CLICK HERE to become a member today!