Please see below for current vacancies at the SPCA:
ANIMAL WELFARE OFFICER
The Bermuda SPCA is seeking applications for the post of Animal Carer / Animal Welfare officer. This is a salaried structured trainee position in the Society’s Inspectorate team. The postholder will be provided with mentored training, working alongside an experienced inspector.
Animal Welfare & Inspectorate
- Working initially with/under the direction of the Inspector to investigate allegations of cruelty and neglect complaints, documenting findings and recording of evidence on all incoming reports and log books to the SPCA including those not within remit.
- Preparing court files including court appearances. Advising members of the public regarding the correct way to care for their animals and if required issuing guidance, assessments and documents warnings for non-compliance. Prioritizes workload and is able to work on their own initiative.
- Responding to out-of-hours rescues on an on-call basis.
- Assists with SPCA events, educational programs and fundraising as required. Coordinating intake, capacity and disease control in the shelter.
- Overseeing animal carers and supporting recruitment, disciplinary, performance management and general shelter animal care.
- Providing daily care for a range of species including dogs, cats, small animals, wildlife, farm animals and equines.
- This includes feeding, replenishing water, exercising animals, restraint for vet care, transporting of animals to vet appointments, administering medication, cleaning of animal enclosures (including deep cleaning of vacated accommodations), and restocking of supplies/inventory control.
- Cleaning, de-cluttering, tidying the shelter.
- Coordinating volunteers adult & junior.
- Keeping detailed records of all the animal’s daily actions.
- Assisting with managing intake / surrender meetings; adoptions; home checks; animal meet & greets for new owners and helps new owners match an animal.
- Exercising, and ensuring training programmes are continued for dogs.
Candidates must have:
- Bermudian, Spouse of Bermudian or PRC Holder
- A manual driving licence (light truck).
- Excellent literacy, note-keeping and writing skills – the ability to accurately record and document evidence is vital. A minimum of a Secondary School graduation certification is required.
- A personality which is assertive, accurate, plenty of initiative and able to communicate across the wider.
- Computer literacy is also essential in order to produce reports and statements using Microsoft Word, Publisher, Powerpoint, Excel and database management.
- Be able to read and interpret legislation and to apply this legislation to scenarios.
- Physical ability, dexterity and willingness to “get mucky” in order to rescue and deal with animals in difficult situations.
You will need to complete the application form and submit the application form with your resume by the 7th January 2020 to email@example.com